Monday, May 10, 2010

A Heartfelt Goodbye

As of 2PM today, the Raccoon will be at the hotel awaiting tomorrow morning where he will be shipped to Texas for basic training. His training will last eight weeks and then he'll immediately be thrown into tech school. He's hoping to be stationed in either Germany or Italy.

He has been a very dear person to me for quite some time and it was hard saying "goodbye" to him. In fact, I'm still crying about it even as I type this post. I never thought I would really have to say "goodbye", but I did. I kept hoping that maybe it was just something he wanted to do for a while and then realize he really wasn't interested and instead change his mind... but he didn't. And that was probably for the best.

If you know him, send him as many letters as possible because they're like opening Christmas presents while he's there. Jason Byas will be posting his mailing information via Facebook and if you want that info you can just e-mail me and I'll give it to you.

Good luck, Jake. Don't do anything purposely stupid and thanks for the Black & Mild.


Love,
The Rogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment